Temporary Emergency Nurse Job Description: Tangiers International COVID-19 Disaster Response
We are currently seeking immediate deployable skilled Nurses with Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Urgent Care, Prehospital Medicine or other allied health experience. Under direction, the successful hires will provide varied professional nursing duties with primary emphasis on professional nursing care for hospital, clinic or prehospital patients.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
● Associates, Bachelors or advanced degree
● Nursing Practice Experience
● Experience with Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
● Experience caring for patients with multiple comorbidities.
● Donning and doffing PPE for respiratory illness.
● Experience working with diverse, underserved populations, outbreaks, international experience.
● Military experience is a major plus
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying.
NOTE: The current vacancies are for immediate deployment and relief positions in a variety of shifts.
Examples Of Duties
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Triage acutely unwell patients
● Rapidly become a functioning member of an emergency response team in the current crisis of COVID-19 pandemic
● Establish and implement nursing care plans for each patient through assessment, development, activation and evaluation.
● Perform nursing care following prescribed rules, policies, protocol and procedures.
● Provide nursing care and treatment as prescribed by a licensed doctor of other healthcare professional
● Identify problems, assist in data gathering, propose solutions and participate in evaluation of quality assurance issues.
● Work with patients and their families to provide in-hospital and after-hospital follow-up through teaching and referral.
● Orient and teach new staff members of the nursing team and students.
● Participate in non-clinical assignments which may include maintaining records, preparing reports and/or serving on special committees.
● Maintain records and prepare reports.
● Perform related duties as assigned.
Possession of a US state or territory, or any OECD country licensed nurse or practical Nurse. Possession of current Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certificates are all helpful to be employed with Tangiers International.
Must have the Skills/Ability to:
● Nurse Practice Act.
● Perform nursing procedures required for assigned clinical setting.
● Comply with clinical procedures and policies.
● Maintain professional nurse-patient relationships.
● Communicate with and educate patients, families, and the public who come from a diverse background.
● Work harmoniously with other personnel.
● Follow safety practices.
● Assist in the instruction of other nursing and paraprofessional personnel.
● Bend, kneel and squat as needed.
● Occasionally use upper extremities to exert force to push and pull patients/objects weighing up to 50 pounds or more.
Work in a busy crisis environment.
Your application was submitted successfully.